Monday, March 16, 2009

Please consider taking action

Although I started this blog primarily as a place for me to post my own recipes for my own recollection, I feel this is worth noting.

On both The Nourishing Gourmet and The Nourished Kitchen, you will find information related to bills in the US House of Representatives and the US Senate that concern the freedom of consumers to purchase food from local sources. It appears there are attempts to quickly push through this legislation to avoid grassroots resistance.

Please leave a comment if you have more information or know how others can get involved. And please consider contacting your representatives even multiple times. Urge them to vote against these dangerous bills which will limit the freedoms of individual Americans and will quickly cripple small farmers who sell directly to consumers.

No comments: