These muffins are dense and usually fall once removed from the oven. But they are high in fiber and very tasty.
15 oz. sweet potato or canned pumpkin
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
2/3 cup apple juice concentrate
4 lg eggs
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp baking soda
1 cup ground flaxseed meal
1 cup oat bran
2 cups oat flour (place old fashioned oats in blender and puree until fine)
* In microwave oven, bake 1 extra large sweet potato for 12 - 15 minutes on high, turning over twice during baking. When soft all over, remove from microwave and peel.
* Preheat oven to 350.
* Grease 24 muffin cups with oil (or butter).
* In blender, puree sweet potato (or pumpkin) with applesauce and apple juice concentrate.
* Combine salt, soda, flaxseed meal, oat bran and oat flour in large mixing bowl.
* In mixer, whip eggs with honey and spices. Add sweet potato/applesauce/juice mixture and mix well.
* Add dry ingredients one cup at a time.
* Immediately fill muffin cups and place in center rack of oven.
* Bake for 12 minutes or until toothpick in center muffins comes out clean.
* Remove muffins to rack immediately to cool.