2-3 lbs raw chicken breast, cut in nugget-sized pieces OR fish filets
1 cup cornmeal
1/2 tsp kosher or sea salt
1/2 tsp celery salt
3/4 tsp chipotle chili pepper
1 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup Rice Milk
* Preheat 1 1/2 - 2 inches of canola & olive oils in electric skillet to 350F.
* Combine cornmeal, seasonings and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
* In separate bowl, whisk egg & rice milk.
* Place chicken or fish pieces first in egg/milk. Then place in seasoned cornmeal and cover with it.
* Gently place in electric skillet. Be sure no piece is touching another. Cover and cook several minutes until they turn crispy & brown. Remove lid and turn each piece.
* When chicken reaches internal temp of 160 or fish comes to 145, remove to rack covered with paper towels.
* Serve immediately or freeze each piece individually and store in freezer safe bag for up to 2 months.