1 lb Brown Rice spiral pasta
3 Tbls butter
1 large onion, chopped
8 - 12 oz sliced mushrooms
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp dried marjoram
1 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 lb ground beef
1 1/4 cup white or red wine (anything you like to drink)
Reserved cooking liquid from rice pasta
* Salt large pot (5 cups) of water and bring to boil.
* Add pasta and cook until al dente.
* Drain, reserving all cooking liquid for use in stroganoff.
* Over medium high heat, saute chopped onion in butter until transluscent.
* Add mushrooms. Saute for 2 minutes then sprinkle with salt and marjoram. Cook until mushrooms begin to glisten.
* Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic and black pepper, saute to blend flavors.
* Remove mixture from pan.
* Return pan to medium high heat.
* Add ground beef and cook thoroughly.
* Add onion/mushroom mixture then 1/2 cup wine.
* Cover and allow to simmer until liquid is reduced.
* Remove lid and add remaining wine and cooking liquid from pasta 1/2 cupful at a time until desired "sauciness" is reached.
* Combine pasta with sauce.
* Serve with sauteed spinach and remaining wine.