This cornbread is very moist. I use Old Time cornmeal which is finely ground and soft.
2 cups cornmeal
1/2 cup apple juice concentrate
1 cup rice milk
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Gluten-Free Vanilla
2 Tbls Olive Oil
1 Tbls Baking Powder
* Preheat oven to 350 F.
* Grease 8x8 or 9x9 square glass baking pan.
* Combine dry ingredients in one bowl.
* Combine wet ingredients in separate bowl.
* Slowly add dry to wet. Stir only until combined. Mixture should be a bit lumpy.
* Pour into prepared baking dish.
* Bake 20 minutes at 350.
* Turn oven up to 400. Bake another 7 - 10 minutes.
* Remove from oven; allow to cool slightly.
* Using plastic knife, cut into 12 pieces.
* Serve warm.