4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 lbs Brown Rice Fusili Pasta
6 medium tomatoes
8 oz. frozen Artichoke Hearts (without citric acid)
1 onion (optional for migraine sufferers)
2 tsp garlic (optional for migraine sufferers)
2 tsp Oregano (or more, to taste)
* Remove artichoke hearts from freezer and allow to reach room temperature. May rinse under cold water to speed process. Then chop into bite-sized pieces.
* Chop tomatoes. Add 1 tbsp salt and the oregano. Toss. Allow tomatoes to juice while cooking chicken and pasta.
* Poach chicken breasts in salted water. When internal temp. reaches 160, remove chicken from water and allow to cool slightly. Then shred.
* If using onion & garlic, chop onion. Place 1 Tbsp olive oil in skillet. Add garlic and onion then turn on burner to medium heat. Saute, stirring constantly. When garlic begins to slightly turn brown, add shredded chicken and toss to combine flavors.
* In a separate large pot, add 1 Tbsp salt to 6 cups water and bring to boil. Add pasta and cook al dente, according to package directions.
* When pasta has finished cooking, drain well. Toss chicken (and garlic/onions), tomatoes and artichoke hearts together. Serve immediately with parmesan cheese (for non-migraine sufferers).