4 Tilapia Filets (total weight approx 1 lb)
2/3 cups Rice Milk
1 large Egg
1 cup Cornmeal
1 Tbls Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp Garlic Pwdr (optional for migraine friendly)
1 tsp Celery Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1/8 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 cup chopped Pine Nuts (optional for migraine friendly)
* Preheat oven to 425F.
* Place 1/2 cup olive oil on large, 1-inch rimmed baking sheet
* Mix together milk & egg.
* In separate dish, mix together cornmeal plus seasonings and pine nuts
* Dredge fish in liquid then in dry ingredients.
* Be sure each filet is completely covered in cornmeal mixture.
* Place filets on baking sheet.
* Tilt baking dish to allow oil to evenly distribute over sheet, then place in hot oven.
* Bake for 4 minutes, flip fish, bake another 4-5 minutes.
* When internal temp of largest portion of fish reads 145 - 150, remove from oven.
* Serve immediately with sweet potatoes and steamed or roasted vegetables or sauteed spinach.
If there is any breading left over, try mixing enough left-over liquid into the cornmeal/seasoning mixture plus up to an 1/8 tsp of baking soda to make pancake consistency. Fry mixture like pancakes on hot skillet in butter or olive oil. Serve hot alongside fish.